Pentru că în aceasta perioadă (și nu doar acum ci de 30 de ani) se discuta mult despre alternative la toată situația politică din România, va recomandăm un material foarte clarificator de la Jordan Peterson despre conservatorism. Asta ca o clarificare, asimilare interioara și direcție de acțiune individuală la situația națională.
Tenets of a viable 21st century conservatism
1. The fundamental assumptions of Western civilization are valid.
2. Peaceful social being is preferable to isolation and to war. In consequence, it justly and rightly demands some sacrifice of individual impulse and idiosyncrasy.
3. Hierarchies of competence are desirable and should be promoted.
4. Borders are reasonable. Likewise, limits on immigration are reasonable. Furthermore, it should not be assumed that citizens of societies that have not evolved functional individual-rights predicated polities will hold values in keeping with such polities.
5. People should be paid so that they are able and willing to perform socially useful and desirable duties.
6. Citizens have the inalienable right to benefit from the result of their own honest labor.
7. It is more noble to teach young people about responsibilities than about rights.
8. It is better to do what everyone has always done, unless you have some extraordinarily valid reason to do otherwise.
9. Radical change should be viewed with suspicion, particularly in a time of radical change.
10. The government, local and distal, should leave people to their own devices as much as possible.
11. Intact heterosexual two-parent families constitute the necessary bedrock for a stable policy.
12. We should judge our political system in comparison to other actual political systems and not to hypothetical utopias.